The Treehouse Forestry Nursery and Out of School Club is a unique setting based in Norsey Woods, Billericay. Offering Nursery, pre-school and out of school club for children aged 6 weeks to 11 years old, we are open from 7am until 7pm and offer our children the wonderful experiences of attending a forestry setting and learning in an outside environment.
We are looking for an experienced Practitioner to join our growing team
Purpose of the job:
You will form part of the setting team, having responsibility to act as a keyworker for a small group of children. Undertaking both traditional and outdoor forestry education, you will be expected to provide a high level of education to the children at all times with the support of our forestry leaders.
Your working hours will be Monday to Friday from 7:00am until 4:00pm on the first week and then working from 12:00pm until 7:00pm the second week.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Promote child wellbeing
- Key children – act as key worker for allocated children.
- Promote a great place to work for staff and children to attend
- Gain a clear and up to date knowledge of policies and procedures to adhere to.
- Keep up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practise.
- Attend all in service training and make sure your CPD file is kept up to date.
- Follow the requirements and instructions of the senior staff, undertaking such tasks that are required to ensure the safe running of the setting.
- Fill in any paperwork required for you role.
- To attend advertising events on a rota basis.
Additionally to undertake such other tasks as are reasonably required to undertake the practitioner’s role.
The ideal applicant will have the following skills and qualities:
- At least two years of practitioner experience at a setting within a nursery.
- Experience of working within at least a 30 child setting.
How will we evaluate you and your suitability to this role:
- We will be looking for you to demonstrate relevant experience at your interview.
- You will have the suitable skills and qualifications, with at least a level 3 in childcare.
You will be reporting to: The setting manager
The salary for this role will be: £8.00 – £8.50 per hour
The initial length of probation will be: 3 months
The Treehouse Club Forestry Nursery and Out of School Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and takes its statutory duties and responsibilities in this context very seriously. We expect everyone working in or on behalf of the setting to share our commitment.
We take pride in ensuring that our robust policies and procedures are reviewed regularly and implemented consistently, by everyone, as we strive to maintain a strong safeguarding working practices and culture. Annual safeguarding training is provided to all staff and is an integral part of the setting’s Continued Professional Development training. All staff, volunteers and main contractors undergo appropriate DBS checks prior to appointment.
The Treehouse Club Forestry Nursery and Out of School Club applies safer recruitment policies to ensure that all of our staff are suitable to work with children and young people. We advise you in advance that two people will be involved in your recruitment process. Both people will partake in your interview and each person will individually review all applications and paperwork to ensure that you are suitable for the role.
Part of our safer recruitment procedure includes obtaining references for you. One of these references must be your latest employer. If you are unable to obtain a reference before the interview from your current employer then you must obtain references from the employer before that as well as one other reference.
References from former employers are preferable over any other referee. Please note that we will need to obtain a reference from your latest employer before completing our processes for you to commence working for us.
We are at liberty to advise you that if there are gaps in your employment history or any other information that gives us cause for concern, we will contact your former employers to obtain further information and satisfy any concerns that we have.
Eligibility to work within the UK
We will need to obtain evidence from you to confirm that you are eligible to work within the UK. We confirm that this information, as well as all personal information, will be held in our Staff Central Record.