Continuing our love of whipping up fun, festive goodies here at The Treehouse Club, we’re now turning our minds to creating our own DIY Christmas wreath using as many natural resources as we can, and here’s how:
What Yule Need
1. To begin, attach one end of the reel wire to your frame with a few twists, ready to attach all the goodies.
2. Secure bundles of bunched up moss to the frame by wrapping the reel wire around them. It gives depth to the wreath and provides moisture for the foliage you’ll be adding later. Keep adding the moss until the whole frame is covered.
3. Start gathering your foliage together into small bundles, using the wire to secure. Then start adding the bundles on top of the moss, again securing with wire to keep in place. Keep going in the same direction and overlap as you go along to make sure it’s looking busy and full.
4. Continue adding bundles of leaves until the frame is evenly covered. Cut the reel wire, leaving enough to secure at the back by twisting it around itself.
5. Time for the ribbon (which you’ll need to hang it up with. Double it around your wreath underneath the foliage and make sure it’s long enough to attach to your door.
6. Finally, using more wire, attach the pinecones, cinnamon sticks, orange slices and anything else you want amongst the foliage, and then step back and admire your work.
Don’t forget to use our hashtag – #thetreehouseclub – once you’ve made your wreath and you’re posting pictures of it on social media. We can’t wait to see your masterpieces!