Festive recipes: no-alcohol mulled wine (punch)
We love the occasional mulled wine in the evening almost as much as we love a mince pie when it comes to a festive recipe, so here’s a no-alcohol mulled wine that the kids can not only help to make, but can help to drink too.
What Yule Need
- 750ml red grape juice
- 750ml pomegranate juice
- 500ml cranberry juice
- 2 large oranges, 1 sliced into half-moons, pips removed, 1 zest pared into strips to garnish
- 5 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 red apples, halved, cored and sliced (optional)
- Runny honey to taste
- Pour all 3 of the fruit juices into a large pan along with the orange slices, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Stir and over a low-medium heat until hot (but not boiling – if it boils then you’ve gone a tad too far!).
- Pop in the red apple slices and the honey. Brownie points for sourcing local honey from a local small business!
- Stir until the honey has dissolved, then taste and add more of the sweet stuff if needed.
- Serve the mulled wine (or punch really) in thick glass tumblers for the grown ups, and plastic cups for the little ones. Add a twisted strand of orange zest in each one to make it look like the real deal.
That’s it! Easy, delicious and guaranteed to be a hit all through Christmas and beyond. Don’t forget to head over to the Treehouse Club blog for more Christmas recipes and Christmas craft ideas!