Festive recipes for kids: Santa strawberries
We’re in a festive recipe mood!
Is there anything more jolly than a strawberry Santa? Probably not, which is why here at The Treehouse Club, as part of our pre-Christmas adventures, we’ll be whipping these up by the punnet load when it comes to festive recipes for kids.
What Yule need
- 20 medium-large strawberries, hulled for a flat base
- 100g Philadelphia Light cream cheese
- 4–6 teaspoons icing sugar, to taste (use a gluten-free alternative if preferred)
- 40 mini dark-choc bits, chocolate chips or poppy seeds
How to make this fun, festive recipe
- Cut the top third off each berry and put to one side. Pop the berry bases on a serving platter (extra points for it being a festive platter!).
- Mix the cream cheese and icing sugar until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Pipe or spoon 1 teaspoon of the mixture onto the flat strawberry bases and then put the tops, well, on top.
- Use the smallest piping nozzle you can, pipe mixture onto the tip of each strawberry top (now Santa’s hat) and then pipe some buttons on for good measure.
- Use tweezers (preferably not the ones you use to pluck your eyebrows with) to place 2 chocolate/seed pieces onto each cream face to make eyes.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Or just eat them all there and then like we did.
A round of Santa-plause, please. Ho, ho, ho.